Every now and again Spotless Flooring receives a call and someone asks “Why does my carpet get dirty so fast after cleaning?”
It’s quite a common question and happens to many people who receive multiple cleanings every year. Spotless Flooring has three simple answers:
Attention to Stay Clean
You have invested your time, money, and let a stranger into your home to do the work of cleaning your carpet. Now that you’ve invested so much into it, you want to see your carpet stay clean. Simply put, you pay more attention to your carpet after a cleaning. More than likely after a cleaning you are going to notice all the stains that you didn’t see much of before and every new spot as it appears. This especially happens when you do your weekly vacuuming and spend some time inspecting as you go.
Cleaning the Carpet Up After…
Have you possibly had any changes in your home environment? Your carpet may be getting dirty faster after cleaning because you recently had a change at home causing it. Consider this; Do you have a new pet who’s going outside and in? Have your children had their friends over more often or started playing outside more often? Did your spouse get a new job or start doing some yard work that might be bringing in more contaminates?
Poor Previous Service
The most common issue we see as cleaners is that the last company you invited into your home just didn’t rinse the carpet well enough. Thus they have left some residue on your carpet which causes the dirt to stay trapped on the fibers and preventing your vacuum from sucking them up.
- The great thing is that there is a resolution to this issue and what’s even better is that here at Spotless Flooring we make sure no residue gets left behind. In fact we often rinse out residues from previous cleaners and household spotters that may have been used.
- Utilizing our industry leading carpet cleaning wand we can actually see how soapy the recovered water is as it’s sucked out of the carpet. This keeps us informed on what areas need more rinsing and also lets us know when we hit a real soapy spot (common with household spotters)
- Spotless Flooring will only use the necessary amount of cleaning agents on your carpet. The result is that we don’t apply loads of cleaner to your carpet to begin with and rinsing it out (the steam cleaning process) is easier and more efficient.
- We are also using the HWE (hot water extraction AKA steam cleaning) method to rinse your carpet of contaminates. This means we have ultra heated high flowing water sprayed straight onto your carpet and immediately sucked up by our powerful vacuum. This provides an incredible rinse while removing all water and contaminates.
- To top the cake we are also using a rinse agent. This is very similar to what you might be using in your dishwasher. This does exactly what the name implies, it makes our rinsing process more effective by removing soap residues. But that’s not all, it also better prepares the fibers for protector. That means the protector will be better accepted by each fiber making it an even more effective product.