MOST WANTED: The Top 10 Worst Things to Spill on Carpet
There are just some stains that are the absolute enemy of the carpet. Whether because of stains or odors, some of our most favourite everyday items can actually do the most damage. Here is our countdown of the top 10 enemies of your carpet:
The Ten Worst Things to Spill on Your Carpet:
10. Beer: While it may not seem like an obvious enemy of the carpet, the problem with beer spills is the smell. While you may be able to wipe all visual signs of a beer spill away, it is harder to remove that distinct odor. In many ways, it is similar to pet smells that linger long after it has been cleaned.
9. Tomato Sauce: Really anything red should be treated as a 911 carpet emergency. The natural red dyes of the tomatoes simply stain fibers very quickly. These are situations that call for immediate action. First, grab paper towel and immediately blot the spot – never rub. Then use a natural and gentle carpet cleanser to treat the stain. You might not get rid of it entirely, but our team of carpet cleaning experts can take it from there.
8. Wax: Wax is hard to remove from carpets because it hardens as it dries and sticks to carpet fibers. Add colored wax to the mix and you are now dealing with color stains as well. If you don’t have immediate access to a carpet cleaning professional, we recommend that you apply heat to the wax stain (using an iron and a clean cloth) and dab with a cleaning solution.
7. Coffee: While so many Americans can’t even think of starting their day until their first cup, coffee has been known to permanently damage carpets. Even one small spill can produce an unsightly stain that you’d never be able to remove without powerful cleaning solutions and tools.
6. Blood: Blood is very similar to wine and grape juice when it comes to staining. Remember that dry stains are much more difficult to remove than fresh, so it is best to treat any stains immediately. The longer you wait, the less chance of removing the stain all together.
5. Ink: While an invaluable tool for our communication purposes, ink was made to stain… paper and carpets. You will absolutely need a professional carpet cleaner to remove ink stains.
4. Nail Polish: Given the sheer number of DIY remedies for removing nail polish, we assume that this is a pretty common occurrence and we would be surprised if half of these solutions actually worked. Nail polish is almost impossible to remove without the power of steam.
3. Chocolate: How can something so delicious be so terribly damaging? Well, chocolate, especially when melted is difficult to remove and doing so can damage the sensitive carpet fibers. So, unless you are willing to give up this sweet treat, we recommend having a carpet cleaning service on speed dial.
2. Red Wine / Grape Juice: Everybody probably knows about the damage that grape juice and wine can have on a carpet because of the bright color. Anybody who has ever served red wine at a party or grape juice to kids has had that “oh no” moment when that first trickle of liquid spills over the glass. While you should treat the stain immediately, there’s nothing quite like the power of a professional carpet cleaning service to permanently rid your carpet of the stain.
1. Bleach: Bleach, a powerful liquid designed to keep white clothes whiter, has its place in the home, but never on your carpet. However, if even a drop of bleach gets spilled on a surface that is anything but pure white, its staining capabilities are legendary and even the best, most professional carpet cleaners can’t help. We recommend that you store your bleach somewhere with tiled flooring.
Your Spotless Flooring Team
While we recommend you pre-treat any stains, especially the most serious of stains, leave the heavy cleaning to us! That’s our job and we love it.
ABOUT SPOTLESS FLOORING IN LEAGUE CITY, TEXAS
Spotless Flooring is a Veteran-owned small business providing residential and commercial carpet cleaning, tile cleaning and grout cleaning services with a special focus on the removal of stains and pet odors. Our team professionally services areas around League City and surrounding areas including Seabrook, Friendswood, Kemah, La Porte, Deer Park and Webster. Call our team at 281-843-9106 for your no obligation quote, or by filling out the contact form below.